10. Formalize the registration/in Online retreats, Online retreats, Online retreats, Online retreats, Online retreats, Online retreats, Online retreats, Online retreats, Online retreats, Online retreats
To formalize your online retreat registration, please make the payment using one of the following options:
- Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank transfer:
- Bori Zen Center Association (CaixaBank)
- IBAN: ES26 2100 0539 7201 0050 3923
Remember to include your name in the concept of the transfer and refer to the retreat, for example: June retreat Mery Johanson.
Once the transfer has been made, remember to send an email to email@example.com with proof of payment.
03. What should I do with meals and breaks?/in
There will be a break for meals (see the schedule above). Use walking meditation to go to the bathroom and drink when necessary.
01. How do I join the retreat?/in
We will meet and practice at Zoom. We will send you an email with the details of access to the retreat the night before starts. If you don’t have Zoom installed on the device, you can download it for free here. If you get confused with the schedule, don’t worry. Just go in and follow.
11. What time does the retreat start in my time zone?/in
Check your time zone here.
04. How will I accede to the interview with the teacher?/in
You will receive an invitation to the “virtual” interview room when it is your time. You must accept it to enter and when you finish you will return to the general room. In the interview you have the opportunity to ask any questions about the practice and/or your life and to work with Kong-ans.
06. What should I do to prepare?/in
Try to find a quiet place in your house where you can practice without interruptions. You can place a small table where you can put anything that inspires you to practice meditation, such as a statue of the Buddha, an image, a candle and/or incense. This is optional. Sit on a meditation cushion, if you have one, or on a cushion that allows you to be comfortable in the meditation position. Follow the directions on the microphone for meditation, changing, breaks, interviews, etc.
(If there is chants in the retreat, take the printed or downloaded chanting book to a convenient tablet or device to have on hand.)
07. Can I participate with my phone or tablet?/in
You can participate with a phone or tablet, but a laptop is highly recommended because you will see a larger image and more participants at the same time.
08. Online retreat rules/in
All participants are expected to follow the rules and maintain the harmony of the community during the retreat time.
1. The retreat is done in silence. Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “Silence is better than holiness.” Bodhidharma sat silently in Sorim for nine years. Silence deepens our practice, and benefits us and others. If your job doesn’t require you to speak, keeping silence will help you.
2. Be on time for all practice sessions and Dharma talks. Always access the Dharma room online on time. Do not enter or leave the Dharma room during meditation or chanting, except for going to or returning from an interview or attend an unforeseen event.
3. Walking meditation is the continuation of sitting meditation. You can leave your physical space and the online Dharma room during walking meditation when necessary. When re-entering the Dharma room online, please do so with the microphone turned off.
4. Everyone must attend all practice sessions. If you are sick and cannot attend, please notify the Head Dharma Teacher (HDT) before the practice session that you have to miss.
5. If during meditation you are sleepy or your legs hurt, you can make a little bow and stand behind your cushion to continue the meditation.
6. During the retreat we recommend that you avoid communication with the outside whenever possible. Making phone calls, sending or receiving email, etc., will distract you from your meditative state.
7. The HDT will control the opening and closing of the Dharma room and access to the interview room. If you have any problem or request, tell HDT.
8. Do not wear brightly colored clothing or hats during the retreat.
9. The work period is part of the formal practice. Take advantage of it to perform tasks at home mindfully.
10. If a participant breaks any of the rules above, will be asked to leave the retreat.
09. What do I do if I can’t attend the entire schedule of retreat?/in
If you want to do the retreat but your personal and / or family situation does not allow you to attend the entire day, contact us via e-mail.